Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm so jealous/envious of my American junkin sisters!

I'm sure I've said this before, but I am so jealous of you American 'junkin queens', 'upcyclers', 'vintage vixens', whatever you call yourselves!  While I haven't been posting quite so much recently, I've still been avidly following my favourite talented bloggerettes!  I'm not going to list all of them, cause you all know who you are!  There are so many talented people out there! I check out the UK blogs for extremely adorable crafts, crochet, patterns, and kitchy/homey (homely as the Brits say) kitchen decor (England is the home of Cath Kidston afterall!).  Australian blogs have a refined country/prairie esthetic, but the American ladies really know how to flea!  The deals you guys have!  Also, you guys dont know how lucky you are, we just dont have as much cool old thrift stuff!  I want to get down on my knees and cry when I see some of the adorable vintage valentines, marble busts, old furniture with good bones dying to get a face lift you ladies find!  I'm ready to throw my universal health care in the trash and move south!  ONLY KIDDIN' hee hee.  I LOVE (adore, lurv, cannotlivewithout) my health care!  I'll have to settle on overpriced craigslist items.
Ok, if you live in Canada, you may have seen these posters in your local CANADA WIDE CAMERA SHOP (which shall not be named).  These posters/and matching tv commercials which aired last summer were shot in my home!  That is actually my daughters bedroom and the granny square bedspread on the bed I crocheted!!!  Sorry, but I couldnt help bragging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!