Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Real Beauty!

Well, I broke the ice!  I painted the first piece of furniture from my stack in the garage (see this post)!  Yippee!!  

Here's the before:


Nice and dusty, huh? It was quite pretty but pretty beat up.  Some of the veneer was lifting from the skirting, but just barely. As I wasn't going to sell it, I just left it as is.

Then I painted it in Provence (ASCP), very very lightly distressed it, added gold paint accents, and dark waxed it.  Voila:


You can see the lifting veneer here













Here is while half had the dark wax, and half was unwaxed.  What a huge difference!  The wax just adds so much depth to the colour! I really didn't love the colour prior to waxing (it was nice, but not 'me'), but after the waxing, it became quite dramatic!  The photos aren't great, I dont know why, just couldn't get the lighting right, or the angle...

Anyway, so thats one down, six to go!  Actually, I still have seven pieces to paint before snow fall, because last weekend, while at the Gadsens antique show in Heritage Park, I picked up this lovely desk for my daughters room!  Although my husband declared a moratorium on furniture, she NEEEEEEEDS it!!! 

Its really quite lovely, but a little shaky, finish a bit mottled, and cobwebby!  Big deal! It has oodles of potential, right?



It was such a bargain too!  Look at those legs, and all the cubbies! She's 9 years old and she loved it!  

So...1 down, still 7 to go...plus the door I mentioned, and a few chairs which I didn't mention...better go pick up my paint brush!  Ciao for now! Have a great day!

Sharing at the following great blogs:

shabby creek cottage
No Minimalist Here-Open House Party
Miss Mustard Seeds' Furniture Feature Friday

vif187

4 comments:

  1. What a great little table! Love the paint job. Beautiful. Visiting from Common Ground. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-17.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo beautiful in ASCP Provence! -Angela @ http://mrswhitetwigandtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table, I was like you, a little hesitant to paint furniture, once done its much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a beautiful transformation. This looks so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!