Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Post Christmas Crafting

Yesterday, we still had a turkey pot pie (made from all the leftover turkey, parsnips, carrots, etc...) to eat, so I didn't have to worry about cooking dinner.  It was a very relaxing day, and last night I pulled out about 10 clothes pins from a bag I had bought THREE MONTHS AGO!!!  I also pulled out a sheet of tissue paper.  Last summer when we went to Ireland, I bought a top from All Saints, a british clothing store chain.  They wrapped my top in this tissue:

I think I loved this paper more than the top I bought!  So, when I packed the top, I kept the paper. I knew I was going to use it for something, and I was thinking more along the lines of a tissue flower.  However last night I used just a wee bit of it.  

I wanted a low commitment craft.  As in, low time commitment.  Drinking wine with the Hubs, watching some great British crime drama (The Bletchley Circle), and a small craft which I could do without concentrating so much.  Hence the clothing pins.

I know its been around for a while, and its been on many blogs and in crafting mags, but a few months ago I was reading Silvina of Tazas & Cuentos talk about how she was addicted to her decoupaged clothes pins, and how she couldn't stop making them.  So, it was her post which encouraged me to try this.  It really was simple.  Just thin strips of tissue paper, some watered down white glue, and well thats it!



All I needed was about an inch and a half strip of my tissue paper to make ten double sided clothes pins.

I can hardly wait to hang a length jute and use my new clothes pins for some pretty bunting!

Have a great day! Hope the Holidays are going well!  We are snowed in (boohoo)!

Sharing with these great blogs:
The Shabby Nest - Frugal Fridays
Jennifer Rizzo's Fabulously Creative Party






Rooted In Thyme



7 comments:

  1. I love these clothes pins! The tissue paper is so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing this inspiring post at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! I love that paper, it's beautiful! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love your clothespins. I made some almost like these but rubber stamped French script and an Irish blessing script on them. (And I too have to find more mindless crafts to do while sitting with hubby during movies. I'm working on crocheted flowers right now! lol!) Laura, from sundayview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Your clothepins look fantastic! Great job! Really a very nice paper, I also kept these days some of them for future crafts.
    And so nice of you to mention me...!
    Have a very Happy New Year!!! Feliz Año Nuevo!!!
    Of course, I'll continue visiting you in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are darling! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The clothespins are so cute! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tissue paper is amazing!! I bought a large rubber stamp at Hobby Lobby with a similar script print and have actually used it on clothes pins. They look very much like yours. But I definitely can't say that they are from Ireland. =)

    Blessings... Polly
    p.s. Thanks so much for joining the Lovely Blogs collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!