Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Summer Find

Last summer while out at my favourite antique show, I came across a set of vintage luggage which I just loved!


Red leather croc print luggage,   with the yellowing ivory trim and vintage travel stickers!  Dream come true!!!  They were clean inside and the price was right!  

So home they came!  They stayed in my basement for quite some time(I've discussed the state of my basement b4 so I won't go there again.).  So yesterday I decided it was time to bring them up and display them.  

I love seeing all the vintage suitcases in magazines and on blogs,and have always wanted them.  However when I tried to create a vignette, I just couldn't seem to get it right.  Wherever I put them, however I angled them, etc...it just didn't look like it does in the magazines.  HELP!!!

Also, if I stacked them, you wouldn't be able to see the row of vintage stickers.


So, I decided to set them on the little display table I use for seasonal decorating.  


Its okay, but I'm just not sure...still seems a little 'naked' right?  

Anyone with vintage luggage who has a good suggestion for displaying them, let me know PLEEEZ!  


Look, it even has an old vintage name tag on it...Miss Shirley XXXX from Toronto!

Have a great day!

Linking:

Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday

Home Stories A2Z


 
{Primp}



4 comments:

  1. I like them exactly how you have them Loretta! What a great find they were
    ( and I love love love your floors - from what I can see of them - because that's how my eyes work - they're all over the place lol )
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great and were indeed an awesome find! If you want to change them up you could put the larger one on the floor close to the table and lay the smaller one on top with some maps or other travel items laying over it.????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous luggage! I love red, so of course I would have bought them at a good price, too. I've got 2 mismatched pieces stacked next to a love seat to store toys for our grandchildren, but mine don't have the fun travel stickers. I think you've found the perfect spot for yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Maybe you should tie a vintage scarf on one handle to make it look like you are just about to grab them up and go?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!