Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Monday, June 24, 2013


"Hot enough for ya??"  

Here in Canada, we have about 9 months of winter, and then when summer finally arrives, it hits us with a vengeance (most years)!  Then we all walk around asking each other...'Hot enough for ya?'  Of course we stick in a few 'eh's here and there just to be true to our cultural roots...all this while carrying a cup of Tim Hortons coffee. 

My garage studio is either too cold to paint in, or sweltering!  Last week I think the heat got my brain but real good!  I forgot to take a before photo of my tall dresser before I painted it.  She was an okay looking piece from the get go.  Dark brown 'okay' wood.  Not mahogany or anything fancy, so I didn't hesitate to pull out the paint.  She went from 'okay' to spectacular!  She's really got nice feminine curves with a classic style, and the simple grey/white colour combo really brings her to life. 






Bad angles, bad lighting, poor iPhone camera...all I can do is apologize!  

I painted a gorgeous two tiered table in provence with gold wax detail, but didn't get a photo before I took it to the booth, and it was sold before I got there again...so no photo of that beauty.


My booth is filling up (slowly) and really sucking up a lot of time...but its so much fun!  

Hope you are all having a great summer, and oh yeah...'Hot enough for ya, eh?'

Take care
Arda  I mean Loretta!

Sharing:

Savvy Southern Style - Wow us Wednesday

Inspire Me Tuesdays - A Stroll Thru Life


Frugal Fridays at Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Fridays

6 comments:

  1. Your weather sounds just like ours in northern MN. We are just entering our warm, muggy season. Not at all good for painting!

    I love the pretty grey dresser! I'm glad you're having fun in your new shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dresser, how fun is that and such a lovely color. Yes, it is scorching here. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me Tuesday party that is ongoing - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/06/170th-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not too hot here in the UK. We get the rain and the cold, but then not much sun !
    Love this dresser, such gorgeous colours and perfect distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I found you over at MMS. What a beautiful dresser! Lucky you to score such a quality piece with good, clean lines and a solid build. I love what you did with it. Do you mind telling us what brand and color you used? It looks lovely. Have a great day!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!